Homemade Corn Relish Recipe
This is one of the best homemade Corn Relish Recipes I have ever tried. It makes enough to share with friends or even give as gifts! It’s addicting too though… Everytime we open a jar it doesn’t last but a day or two! We eat it with almost everything from baked chicken, add it to our hamburgers, or even just with a plain chip is delicious too!
- 5 cans or whole kernel corn
- 2 pounds tomatoes – peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- In a large sauce pan, mix the corn, juice, tomatoes, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, cucumber and onion.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, celery seed and mustard seed.
- Pour the mixture into the sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer on low for about 1 hour.
- Transfer the relish in to sterile jars for canning. Refrigerate until it’s ready to serve.
- This recipe made about 8 jars of relish (small jars or about 5 large jars)